Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Chocolate Frozen Banana pops

I have a great, quick and easy dessert that you can make and most will love, Chocolate covered frozen bananas. My sister-in-law loves them and since she does so much for me I decided to figure out how to make them. In King Kullen I found a cheap and easy to use mix. Its Concord food-Banana pops.








All you have to do is buy 4 bananas and the mix. The small box with chocolate mix also comes with 8 Popsicle sticks. Cut your 4 bananas in half and stick each one with a Popsicle stick, then place them in the freezer, about one hour. Once the bananas are frozen place the chocolate bag in a cup of hot tap water for about 3-4 minutes, until soft. Then pour the chocolate into a glass and dip your bananas.





The frozen bananas instantly harden the chocolate so you can serve them immediately or freeze them for a later time. The whole process takes a little over an hour, due to the fact that you have to freeze the bananas, after that it will take about 6 minutes to complete. It will cost you about $7 in supplies and turn out to be a delicious dessert for everyone. GOOD LUCK!

3 comments:

  1. How brave of you to do this, it looks so intimidating but tasty. I'll try it and hopefully it will look something like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminded me of something I used to do when I was younger. It was something similar to this but with drinks. I used to make "Iced-Tea" "Water" and "Soda" pops. It You have to put a little more effort into these banana pops, but they book great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are actually very easy to do!

    ReplyDelete